Casa Cielo is a social model end-of-life residence for people for whom dying at home is not an option. Services are provided regardless of a resident’s ability to pay.
We are looking for a part-time nurse supervisor for Casa Cielo. The position is 40-45 hours per month.
- 2 years experience in the Hospice field
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to navigate stressful situations, work with a variety of caregivers and agencies, while providing supportive input to families
- Point of contact for referrals and assessment/home visit for potential residents.
- Admission of new residents: coordination with referring agency for DME and transfer, intake with family members (often a 6-8 hour process, 1-2 admissions per month.)
- Update policies and procedures to include care plan and meds schedule.
- Oversight of medications, including controlled substances: safe storage, administration, charting, and counting.
- Check in bi-weekly with caregivers and provide support when needed.
- Ensure protocols are being followed, (for example, COVID checks, Hep C precautions.)
- On call when resident passes.
- Weekly check in with Executive Director, for updates and facility needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary is $25-$30 per hour depending on experience. To apply, please send a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.